Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas is for-giving

That’s the title to this weeks message. As you can probably tell, we will be covering the topic of forgiveness. Not only will will have a heartfelt message from the Bible, rocking music, and cute kids singing - BUT, we will reveal our Orange Offering*.

Have you ever had to ask for forgiveness? I mean for something that was really bad! There is a feeling you get in your gut that makes you sick. You know it’s the right thing to do, but you don’t know what’s going to happen. There is a risk... will this person reject me, will they be mad at me, will they even forgive me?!

I have that feeling in my stomach! How will the church react to the orange offering? Will they be excited, let down, or...? Anytime you do something great, there is a risk. And I’ve always believed... the greater the risk, the greater the reward.

This Sunday I pray that forgiveness takes place. This Sunday I pray a huge reward is reaped by the people at JOURNEY CHURCH. Want to know what I’m talking about? See you this Sunday!
- Keith Kirkpatrick



*The Orange Offering was a 2 week anonymous offering the church gave. No one knew what it was going to - accept that it was for God. Over $5,000 was given!!!

No comments: