Sunday, May 6, 2012

Puke at work

I look forward to Sunday every week. It's the day that hundreds of extended family come together and worship God... the great part about this for me.... it's also my job!! I've said this before, being a pastor is a crazy job. But, having church under a bar/night club is even crazier. Our church is located under one of the greatest places a church can be. The problem is on Sundays I never know what I'm going to find when I arrive early to pray and get ready for church. One thing I expect every Sunday morning: lots of cigarette butts, empty beer cans, and the horrific effect of excessive drinking - PUKE! Those things are not your norm in most church parking lots; but they are at JOURNEY CHURCH. With every cigarette butt and puke that gets cleaned up we know there is a person, a human loved by God. It's not always easy to remember that. But, after preaching about John 3:16 today I am reminded of the depth of God's love. There is only one condition to God's love - belief in the one that loves you - JESUS! I'm proud to have puke at work. Praying I can make a difference in Bend and beyond. - Keith Kirkpatrick